One of the first T-formation quarterbacks in Georgia, he directed the Center High School Tigers to an undefeated season in fall of 1934. In his five year career for Center, Leroy served as co-captaine and served as Center’s signal caller for three seasons. The 12th child of Frank and Maggie Lou Williams, Leroy was born August 12, 1914 in Waycross. He grew up to be a tailor and graduated from the Master Designer Tailoring School in Chicago. His spent his career in Waycross, working at O’Quinn and Whitman, Prim’s Men Shoppe and Churchwell’s for five years, 28 years and 12 years respectively. After his retirement from Churchwell’s in 1979, he began working at his home. He was a deacon at Friendship Missionary Baptist Church and was a member since 1929. He served as clerk of the church, church treasurer, teacher of the Young Men’s Bible Class and served on the Usher Board. He was a member of the Trustee Board and Young men’s Choir as well. He was also a Scoutmaster. He served in the Army during World Ware II. For 35 years, he was the Ware County Credit Union Chairman for the loan committee. He was a member of Composite Lodge No. 40.